Currently 3 anonymous souls are browsing this site.
Stradbroke's Past - Places - Stradbroke Vicarage
Stradbroke Vicarage 1824 -1960s Stradbroke Vicarage was a substantial house built for Rev William White around 1824. White became the new Vicar (succeeding Knevett) but felt that the existing vicarage was falling into disprepair and was not up to his position. After much dispute with the Bishop of Ely which ended in the High Court, he was allowed to build a new Vicarage. It was later extemded and modified by Rev J C Ryle between 1861 and 1881 but was sold off by the church in the 1950s(?).
The Vicarage c1890/21900 This picture was taken by William Girling probably in the 1890s and is looking NE across the rear garden to the back of the building. Stradbroke Church tower can be seem in the background
Created on 10/23/2005 01:11 PM by MikeReadman
Updated on 07/26/2007 10:50 AM by MikeReadman