The buses were named Gwen and Doris
Tom Upson ran a garage in Queen St, Stradbroke in the 1920s and 1930s. The garage buildings were next to The Court House and in front of The Chantry and were finally demolished in 2000.
The picture shows the two buses (named Gwen and Doris after Tom's daughters) and standing in front are Stanley Amies on the left and Jack Warne on the right. The photograph was taken in 1930.